Why Get Porcelain Veneers at Our Greater Phoenix, AZ Area Offices?
Dental veneers provide an excellent, long-term solution to make your teeth more attractive. Why come to AZ Family Dental to have this cosmetic dentistry treatment performed? We offer a number of benefits to our patients:
- Exceptional work: Our experienced dental professionals understand the proper application of veneers and how to match them to your teeth. Our dentists keep up with the latest techniques and technology in dentistry.
- Caring staff: Our friendly office staff, dedicated hygienists, and compassionate dentists care about every patient they serve — including you. We want you to feel safe and comfortable as you get treatment.
- Clean, modern office: We serve patients in a modern facility that includes the latest technology in the dental field. Our state-of-the-art methods reflect our commitment to quality care.
- Convenient hours: Our hours of operation provide time slots throughout the day that suit a variety of schedules. We try to accommodate patients with a wide range of obligations.
At AZ Family Dental, we pride ourselves on providing top-notch care while treating each patient like a member of the family. You can count on our dentists to follow the field’s best practices and keep your needs in mind.
What Can I Expect When I Get Veneers at AZ Family Dental?
Your veneer treatment at our office will require more than one visit. The first appointment involves taking impressions of your teeth so our dentist can design custom-shaped veneers. They will remove some of the enamel on your teeth to get an accurate representation of the needed shape and size. You and your dentist will also decide on a veneer shade that suits your needs. At the second visit, one of our dentists will clean your teeth and attach your custom veneers.
After each appointment at AZ Family Dental, our dentist will teach you how to care for your teeth and veneers. They will stress the importance of proper oral hygiene, good eating habits, and regular dental visits. Living a healthy lifestyle will keep your smile beautiful by protecting your teeth and veneers.
When Should I Get Dental Veneers?
The dentists at AZ Family Dental use veneers in a wide range of applications. Thanks to the versatility of veneers, they can offer this service for cosmetic or protective purposes. Veneers let us help patients in the following ways:
- Covering crooked or misshapen teeth for a straighter appearance
- Making a discolored tooth match the rest of the teeth in color
- Resizing teeth that look too large or small in comparison to others
- Repairing worn or chipped teeth that require smaller fixes than crowns
Most veneer uses are for cosmetic reasons. However, they can keep your teeth healthy in specific situations as well. Your AZ Family Dental dentist will recommend the best course of action for your cosmetic and dental concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions for Dental Veneers
Veneers are designed to last up to 15 to 30 years, depending on the type you choose and how well you take care of them. They’re made to be strong and sturdy, so you won’t have to be as concerned about damage, and most foods are safe to eat.
You shouldn’t have to worry about complications with proper care, but veneers can still be damaged. You can replace your veneers if they chip, break, or detach, but installing new veneers can be costly. Likewise, veneers are vulnerable to staining like regular teeth, and certain foods and drinks can lead to discoloration.
Can teeth decay under veneers?
So long as your veneers are correctly applied, plaque and bacteria shouldn’t be able to reach your teeth. If your veneers weren’t correctly applied, cavities may develop and need to be treated. Without intervention, the veneer can fall off due to tooth decay.
A lot of people get veneers in their early twenties. We recommend you wait until your teeth have fully settled into their permanent placement (typically 18 years of age). Applying veneers while teeth are still settling can cause complications and shifting teeth.
The process of applying veneers should cause little to no discomfort. Our dentists use a local anesthetic to the target area, numbing it. Following application, you may experience some soreness as the numbing treatment wears off. Reports of post discomfort are usually made by patients who had eight or more veneers applied, which is only moderate and easily manageable with over-the-counter pain medications.
Our Dental Office Locations
Same and Next Day New Patient Appointments Available!
8519 N 59th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85302, United States
28255 N Tatum Blvd Suite 4, Cave Creek, AZ 85331, United States
1820 W Thunderbird Rd suite 1, Phoenix, AZ 85023, United States