What is Fluoride?
- Fluoride is a mineral. Fluoride is naturally present in almost all foods and water.
How does Fluoride work?
- Topical fluoride strengthens the teeth, making them more resistant to decay. Topical fluoride comes from using fluoride-containing dental products such as toothpaste, mouth rinses, and gels.
- Systemic fluoride strengthens teeth that have erupted as well as those that have not. This is ideal for children who are still developing their teeth. We get this type of fluoride from the foods we eat and drink. Check with a greater Phoenix area dentist for fluoride recommendations based on age and diet.
Why are Fluoride Treatments Necessary?
Sometimes, patients are not having enough fluoride exposure to ensure their teeth are protected. The dentist or dental hygienist may recommend the use of home and/or professional fluoride treatments for the following reasons:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Sensitive tooth and root surfaces
- High sugar and carbohydrate diet
- Low exposure to fluoride
- History of decay
- Low saliva flow as a result of medication or medical conditions
Select the Most Convenient Location
You can book your general dentistry in one of our offices:
8519 N 59th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85302, United States
28255 N Tatum Blvd Suite 4, Cave Creek, AZ 85331, United States
1820 W Thunderbird Rd suite 1, Phoenix, AZ 85023, United States
500+ Five-Star Reviews
Learn why other Arizonians Trust AZ Family Dental with all their dental needs!
I absolutely love this dental office. The staff is beyond exceptional, the dentists are great and I always feel valued.
One of the best experiences I’ve had at a dentist! Everyone is very warm and welcoming. Dr. V and Diana explained everything throughly as they went so there were no surprises!
Sharon Rose Scataglini, Cave Creek
I love AZ Family Dental. They are always helpful. Answer my questions and give me great care. Everyone is friendly