A dentist for young kids will educate you on:
- When to expect your child’s teeth to erupt (come in)
- Cavity prevention
- Protecting developing adult teeth
If your child is older this first visit gives your dentist the opportunity to answer questions that you may have, such as:
- Can thumb sucking be harmful to my child’s teeth?
- What are dental sealants and how do they work?
- If my child has a toothache, what should I do?
- How safe are dental X-rays?
- My child plays a sport, how should I protect my child’s teeth?
- What type of bottle should my child use?
Some Tips for the First Visit:
- Discuss good experiences you have had at the dentist
- Speak positive about the visit
- Show the child pictures of the office on the website
- Explain how the dentist will count their teeth
Early development of good oral hygiene is important in preventing future problems affecting your child’s health, well-being, and self-image. Occasionally, children do need additional work done similar to adults. Our greater Phoenix, AZ dental office offers the best dental care for children and adults alike just minutes from Phoenix. Our caring staff makes every effort to help kids stay relaxed and receive the treatment they need. Parents are always welcome to accompany their children for all procedures, but we have found that many times children do better with mom and dad in the waiting room. As with all items relating to children, this is entirely up to the parent’s discretion.
AZ Family Dental is also the preferred family dentist in the greater Phoenix area. See what our patients have had to say in our testimonials.
Our Dental Office Locations
Same and Next Day New Patient Appointments Available!
8519 N 59th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85302, United States
28255 N Tatum Blvd Suite 4, Cave Creek, AZ 85331, United States
1820 W Thunderbird Rd suite 1, Phoenix, AZ 85023, United States